The History of the Institution Branches VI. South Wales and Monmouthshire Branch

Author: Ridley, Martyn Noel

Date published

N/A

Price

Standard: £9 + VAT
Members/Subscribers: Free

Buy Now
Back to Previous

The History of the Institution Branches VI. South Wales and Monmouthshire Branch

The Structural Engineer
Author

Ridley, Martyn Noel

Date published

N/A

Author

Ridley, Martyn Noel

Price

Standard: £9 + VAT
Members/Subscribers: Free

Buy Now

0RIGINALLY the South Wales and Monmouthshire Branch was affiliated to the Western Counties Branch, the meetings of which took place for the most part in Bristol. It was found, however, that very few of the South Wales and Monmouthshire members could attend the meetings, and that they were not enjoying the full benefits of their membership in consequence. Early in 1930, Mr. E. B. Miller and Mr. Wallace A. Evans circularised the members in South Wales, suggesting that a South Wales Branch of the Institution should be formed, and asking for their support. The response was favourable, and the consent of the Western Counties Branch to the splitting up of the
area was then obtained. On July 21st, 1930, a meeting was held at the South Wales Institute of Engineers, Park Place, Cardiff, which was attended by the President of that year, Lt.-Colonel J. Mitchell Moncrieff, C.B.E., and the Secretary, Major R.F. Maitland. It was resolved to petition the Council for permission to form a new Branch to be called the South Wales and Monmouthshire Branch, and that it should embrace an area covered by the following counties: Breconshire, Carmarthenshire, Cardiganshire, Glamorganshire, Monmouthshire, Pembrokeshire and Radnorshire. The following officers were also elected to serve for the first Session of the Branch :-Mr. M.C. Harrison (Chairman), Mr. A.A. Fordham (Vice-chairman), Mr. E.B. Miller (Hon. Secretary), and the following were elected members of Committee :-Messrs. J. Blackett, W.A. Evans, J. W. Partridge,H.W.J. Powell, E.T. Williams, A. Carroll, D. Manolopoulos, and A.G. Thompson.

Additional information

Format:
PDF
Publisher:
The Institution of Structural Engineers

Tags

Issue 1

Related Resources & Events

The Structural Engineer
<h4>The Secretary of the Institution</h4>

The Secretary of the Institution

Major R. F. MAITLAND, O.B.E. (Mil. Div.), Chevalier Crown of Italy, M.I.Istruct. E.

Price ‐ £9
The Structural Engineer
<h4>The Institution Headquarters, at 10 Upper Belgrave Street, S.W. 1</h4>

The Institution Headquarters, at 10 Upper Belgrave Street, S.W. 1

The Institution Headquarters, at 10 Upper Belgrave Street, S.W. 1

Price ‐ £9
The Structural Engineer
<h4>The History of the Institution Branches VII. Scottish Branch</h4>

The History of the Institution Branches VII. Scottish Branch

THE Scottish Branch was founded in 1931, at the suggestion of the late Mr. Basil Scott . An inaugural meeting was held in the Royal Technical College in October, 1931, when the proposal to form a Scottish Branch was discussed, and enthusiastically approved by the fifty members who attended.

Author ‐ Ridley, Martyn Noel
Price ‐ £9