Questions to IStructE Members to ascertain their current capacity and future interest in conducting EWS1 assessments, and whether they would look to use the EWS1 PII scheme if eligible.
- Do you or your firm currently carry out EWS1 assessments?
a) If no, could you explain reasons for this?
b) If yes, what PII cover, if any, do you possess to carry out EWS1 assessments?
2. How would you characterise demand for EWS1 assessments? High, medium or low? Are you seeing a change in requests for EWS1s?
3. Would you/your firm be interested in utilising the EWS1 PII scheme to obtain insurance cover to conduct
Is your interest: Low, medium, or high?
4. Does yours or your firm’s current PII cover EWS1 assessments or is it excluded? Are there any other
exclusions to PII held?
5. Do you or your firm currently hold any PI Insurance cover to conduct other surveys or assessments of
medium-rise or high-rise residential buildings (i.e., those above 11m in height), and/or cladding
6. If yes:
a) What are the limits of cover?
b) Are there any significant exclusions?