COP 26 bought everyone’s attention on to the increasing threat of climate change. At our Climate emergency conference, we looked at the progress made by the Institution as engineers work towards the climate goals of 2050. Watch this series of videos to find out more.
This recording focuses on carbon on-site and in bridges. Watch to find out more on:
- Setting targets for embodied and whole life carbon
- Overcoming the challenges of carbon processes in design
- Material production emissions 101 of steel, concrete and timber
- Monitoring carbon on site and the role of good offsetting
Reasons to watch:
- Gain an understanding of the increasingly ambitious environment of legislation on zero carbon initiatives
- Discover new ideas to implement into your projects to reduce the amount of carbon
- Evaluate how much impact you can have in shaping the future of sustainable structural engineering
Who should view:
All engineers of any level looking to understand more about their professional role in combatting climate change.
Guila Jones is a Senior Sustainability Manager at the Mace Group.
Cameron Archer-Jones is a Principal Engineer at COWI.
Climate emergency conference 2021: Carbon on site and in bridges