The first registered address of the Concrete Institute-forerunner of the Institution-
was, at the date of its incorporation on 22 February 1909, 1 Waterloo Place, Pall Mall, London; in March 1910 the infant Institute moved into a suite of rooms at 8 Waterloo Mansions, Pall Mall, followed, a year later in March 1911, by a further
move into more extensive accommodation, including a room for meetings and discussions,
at Denison House, Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, which remained the headquarters until 1923. In that year, new premises were found in Abbey House, Victoria Street, but members missed a meeting room for their regular discussions. This facility was restored by a move in 1926 to no. 10 Upper Belgrave Street.