This is the fourth of five webinars designed to take you through the conceptual design process.
Developing a structural design concept or solution is similar in many ways to solving a set of simultaneous equations, except that there is often more than one solution which meets the brief.
Using a number of case studies, this webinar recording will explore the six key items which should be considered when developing solutions, including:
- Ground conditions
- Structural systems / forms
- Structural grids and layouts
- Spans of floor and roof structures
- Fabrication / construction methods
- Develop an understanding of the key items which should be considered when developing concept solutions, and how these relate to / affect each other
- Develop a knowledge of some helpful rules / resources / tools and analysis / design methods for developing structural solutions
- Develop an appreciation of how to develop a range of diverse solutions by considering a selection of practical examples, including long-span single-storey structures and multi-storey buildings.
Members with a design role or those interested in developing their skills in generating concept designs / solutions, including graduates working towards their CM exam and students.