This mixed methodology makes an ideal introduction to the subject for those studying to enter the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) Industry in a professional capacity. Designed to equip the student with all they need to know about construction law, the topics covered include:
- The fundamentals of law and the English legal system
- Contract, business, tort and property law
- Procurement, subcontracting and partnering
- Building Information Modelling and best practice
- Dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration, litigation and adjudication
The books suitability for study is enhanced by its logical structure, chapter summaries and further reading lists whilst the role of law in achieving a more collaborative and less confrontational AEC industry is examined in detail. Construction Law: From Beginner to Practitioner takes the reader on a journey from basic legal concepts through to a more detailed appreciation of what the AEC needs as a specialist client for legal services. This book is useful not only for understanding the basics, but also as a reference that practitioners will use time and again.