The EEFIT Mission team detail the underlying geological conditions which lead to the earthquake and tsunami, including the rupture zone, tectonics, coastal morphology and tsunami severity.
The report also includes details of:
- Field observations on tsunami damage to buildings
- Field observations on geotechnical effects
- Effects of the earthquake and tsunami on the energy sector and other industries
- Tsunami preparedness, warning and evacuation
- Observations on relief and recovery
- The use of geospatial data for damage mapping and disaster management