Transition to Graduate Membership

Date published

Student Members studying civil or structural engineering will be automatically upgraded to Graduate Membership at the end of the year.

You're a Student Member about to graduate in a civil or structural engineering degree:

You will will be automatically upgraded to Graduate Membership.

Your first full year of Graduate Membership is free - so if you graduate in July you get the rest of that year plus the following year at no cost.

We’ll be in touch before the free period ends, so you can continue to enjoy the benefits of Graduate Membership.


You have completed your degree but are about to begin new studies:

Let us know and you will keep your Student Membership.


Not studying civil or structural engineering courses:

If you are a Student Member studying another discipline you will not be automatically upgraded, but you can still apply for Graduate Membership or join our Affiliate Scheme.


Further discounts:

You can get discounts on your second and third year of Graduate Membership by attaining our Certificate in Structural Behaviour

Earn 2.5 years of Graduate Membership

Qualification <h4>Certificate in Structural Behaviour registration</h4>

Certificate in Structural Behaviour registration

Student Members: £75

Kick start your career and get closer to professional registration with the Certificate in Structural Behaviour. The certificate is recognised proof of your competence, it contributes to your IPD, awards you free a free year of Graduate Membership, and 50% off your next year.