The Committee ensures that the Institution's technical strategy in relation to business and regulatory matters is implemented through a programme of activities and initiatives. This is acheived by working closely with the Engineering Leadership Group to determine strategic priorities: how, where and when to provide members with resources, training and events. Topics may include:
- Regulatory frameworks
- How businesses can address the climate emergency
- Business Practice Notes (which provide guidance on aspects of running a practice and project management)
This Committee also provides direction and oversight of the BIM, Ethics and Small Practitioners Panels.
The constitution of the Committee aims to reflect the diversity of the Institutions membership and to provide different perspectives.
- Vice Chair
- Chairs of reporting panels
- Structural Futures Committee representative
- Young Members Panel representative
- Up to 28 other members representing (including members of various grades and those based in different locations)
We invite expressions of interest in Committee membership each September, contacting all members except Student Members.
Contact the committee
Members of the Committee are expected to fully participate in supporting and driving the Committee's activities forward.
There are many ways that you can contribute to the activities of the group, and you will be expected to do some work outside the meetings, for example drafting or reviewing guidance and keeping up to date on the latest developments around the topics the Committee is involved with.
The Committee meet four times a year. A maximum of one meeting will be in person at Institution HQ, whilst all other meetings are held online. Online access to meetings is always available.
Contact the Committee if you have questions about their work.